I guess they didn’t see this.
The family that was celebrating Thanksgiving had permission from their neighbors, who were out of town, to either use the carport or use the vacant house, Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Randall Lee said. Because of the inclement weather, a member of the family set up the turkey fryer under the neighborâ€™s carport, then went back inside while it warmed up.
â€œThey left it on too long, and itâ€™s just like leaving a pot on a stove,â€ in that it will burn down or boil over, Lee said.
The family heard the explosion, looked outside and saw the neighborsâ€™ carport on fire.