School for Scamdal, “Hard-Left Ideology” Dept. 2
Ruth Ann Dailey seems to think that President Obama has a “hard-left ideology” but that, since voters like him, the Republican scamdals won’t touch him.
All that that tells me is she hasn’t been paying attention to what President Obama actually says and does.
Not even I, leftie liberal as I may be, have a “hard left ideology.”
And, compared to me, Obama is a cupcake.
Just for grins and giggles, here’s a
hard soft left agenda:
- Return income tax rates, particularly corporate rates, to the levels after the Kennedy tax cuts.
- Investigate and prosecute, not corporations, but corporate executives implicated in mortgage, “securitization,” tax avoidance, and foreclosure fraud for criminal (not civil) misconduct.
- Restore FDA, SEC, USDA Inspection Service, and IRS investigative and regulatory staffing to Kennedy-era levels.
- Implement a French or German-style health care system.
- Devote public school money to public schooling; that is, no vouchers or charter schools.
- End the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan.
- Restore diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- Reinstate Glass-Steagel.
- Mandate that air fares cover the costs of a trip without additional fees for basic services, as for checked baggage and the like.
- Mandate that public duties and resources, such as highways, ports, and prisons, be managed by public entities, such as government agencies, by public employees, and not contracted out to “public-private partnerships.”
- Prosecute executives of Buccaneer Petroleum, Halliburton, and other companies involved in the Gulf Oil Spill (and in fracking), for criminal negligence at the least and possibly negligent homicide.
- Get government out of bedrooms and doctors’ offices (except when ensuring patients’ physical safety and doctors’ professional conduct is directly involved).
- Raise the minimum wage to a level capable of sustaining life and health.
Anyway, that’s just a start, but you get the idea.
May 27, 2013 at 7:47 pm
You stinky hippie commie.
May 27, 2013 at 8:37 pm
Oh, that reminds me, I left out the part about free love and free munchies.