This is a little breakfast recipe that’s elegant in its simplicity. It’s my spin on a recipe from the Nero Wolf Cookbook.
- 2 link sausages
- 2 eggs
- spices (salt, pepper, paprika, tarragon, chives to taste)
1, Brown sausages in skillet, then drain on a paper towel.
2. Generously butter a shirred egg dish (I use a six-inch cast iron skillet inherited from my mother).
3. Sprinkle with pepper and other spices of choice.
4. Bake 15 minutes in oven preheated to 350 Fahrenheits.
5. Gently slide out of baking dish and serve.
Serve over cheese toast, that is, toast topped with melted cheese.