We ad libbed this recipe last night and it was very well-received, so I thought I’d share it.
- 2 Leeks
- 6 or 7 button mushrooms
- 1/4 large onion or half a small onion
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic
- pepper and basil (and other spices as desired) to taste
- Approx. 3 tbs. butter
1. Wash leeks and mushrooms thoroughly. Note that sand can collect in the leaves of the leeks, so be especially attentive to them.
2. Trim leaves and roots from leeks, then slice leeks in 1/2-3/4 inch segments.
3. Quarter mushrooms.
4. Chop onions.
5. Melt butter in saucepan at medium heat, then saute onions and garlic until onions are wilted.
6. Add spices, leeks, and mushroom; saute until done, stirring occasionally (15-20 mins.)
H/T Susan for coming up with the idea.