From Pine View Farm

Hot Pockets 0

I cannot understand why persons carry gadgets that cost several hundred bucks in their hip pockets like they were handkerchiefs, yet I see it every day. I would worry that the over-priced doohickey would break; I would not, however, expect this:

Thanks to the quick action of students and staff, an eighth-grader at the Middle School of the Kennebunks has been treated and released from a hospital after her iPhone caught fire in her pocket Friday.


EMS Division Chief Andrew Palmeri said it appears that when the student sat down, with the phone in her back pocket, the phone’s battery “shorted out.” The state fire marshal is investigating, he said.

According to the story, students and teachers responded promptly and competently and the girl was not seriously injured.

Picture of the iJunk at the link.


Comments are closed.