Grill-Baked Fish with Vegetables 0
This is a derived from an old camping recipe I read somewhere.
Fish (catfish, cod, or similar fish are best; fillets are easiest)
Note: The quantity of vegetables depends on the amount of fish. See step 4 below.
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Slice vegetables. For the onion, thin wedges work best.
3. Pull enough aluminum foil to wrap seal in the fish and other ingredients. Brush the aluminum foil with olive oil.
4. Layer the vegetable slices on the foil, then lay the fish on them, then layer more vegetables on top of the fish. Sprinkle with pepper, parsley, and anything else that sounds good. (Salt is not necessary for ocean fish. They come already salted.)
5. Seal the foil tightly around the fish and vegetable mixture and place it on the grill until done (depending on the grill, 30 to 45 minutes).
Goes well with asparagus roasted with olive oil and garlic, which can be cooked on the same grill.
For a charcoal grill or campfire, place directly in embers and cover with the embers. Cooking time will be reduced.
Any vegetable that can be sliced thin and still maintain some, such as zucchini, and be added to the ingredients.